Working at Ohio Mobile Shredding
Mail, Fax, or E-mail all inquiries to:
Ohio Mobile Shredding
PO BOX 307206
Columbus OH 43230
Route Driver | Materials Handler
Ohio Mobile Shredding (OMS) is central Ohio's leading document destruction company when it comes to security and customer satisfaction. We are a small local business with a 30 year track record of providing destruction services to the central Ohio area. We are in a maturing market with a position to grow. As a result, our company is searching for dedicated and customer service focused driver for full-time opportunities.
Each driver represents the face of our company at our customer’s place of business. The driver is sometimes the only OMS representative to actually meet the client in person, and the impressions they make with the client is an image that will reflect the whole company. You must be determined to be a superior representative of our company on every job.
The material that the driver's handle is highly confidential; therefore, each driver must be committed to preserving the confidential nature of the clients materials at all times.
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Health insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Short/long term disability insurance
- 401(k) benefits
- Possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) class B to drive and operate a 12 speed manual transmission box truck with on-site shredding equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service in all aspects of the job
- Be comfortable in a job that is different every day
- Understands the importance of accuracy, details, and customer service
- Ability to work well in a team environment and is always willing to assist others
- Ability to learn, operate, and maintain sophisticated destruction equipment
- Ability to learn & maintain general truck maintenance.
- Walk, stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Lift at least 75 lbs.
- Push, pull, lift and/or carry wheeled containers, loaded dollies, up/down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and other changes in elevation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of previous route driving experience
- 1-2 years of face to face customer service experience
- General knowledge of truck maintenance and minor repairs
- Excellent physical ability; Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day
Background Check | Drug testing
- Successful completion of comprehensive background check at time of application and throughout employment
- Successful completion of on-going drug testing in accordance with our company policies and applicable laws