Don’t trash your identity – shred your outdated documents.
ID theft can happen to anyone, but shredding your personal information can reduce the likelihood you will become a victim.
Ohio Mobile Shredding can shred your information quickly, securely, and inexpensively at your residence or at our facility.
Call us today at (614) 236-1979 to find out how we can help you keep your information private.
Identity Theft Prevention Tips
- Never throw personal information in the trash
- Check your credit reports once a year from all three credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion)
- Guard your Social Security number. Don't carry it with you
- Watch for people who may try to eavesdrop and overhear the information you give out orally
- Shred documents you don't need to keep
- Be suspicious of telephone solicitors. Never provide information unless you have initiated the call. Reduce the number of solicitations by adding your phone number to the National Do Not Call Registry.
- Delete without replying to unsolicited e-mail requests. Report suspicious SPAM and Phishing e-mail messages to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Write checks with a gel based ink, rolling ball or a fountain pen to prevent check washing
- Don't put out-going checks in your mailbox
- Reduce the number of pre-approved credit cards you receive by calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT . (They will ask for your SSN)
More Info: www.ftc.gov/idtheft